Just as our clientele on the corporate and private equity side of our practice is diverse, same is the case with our litigation practice. Our clients range from multi-national companies to individuals, from government departments and authorities to non-governmental organisations.
We have represented clients across India in several forums such as:
- Supreme Court of India
- High Court of Delhi
- High Court of Maharashtra at Bombay and Goa
- High Court of Karnataka at Bangalore
- District Courts in Delhi at Tis Hazari, Saket, Patiala House, Dwarka, Rohini and Karkardooma
- District Courts in Gurgaon and Noida
- District Courts in Mumbai
- District Courts in Panjim, Goa
- Company Law Board
- Consumer Disputes Forum (National, State and District)
- Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (Delhi and Bangalore)
- National Green Tribunal
- Central Administrative Tribunal
- Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal
- Competition Appellate Tribunal
- Appellate Tribunal for Electricity
- Securities Appellate Tribunal (Bombay)
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (Bombay)
We represent clients on all types of civil and criminal litigation in all forums across the country. Our network of civil and criminal lawyers across the country enables us to provide our clients seamless service without the need or hassle of hiring local lawyers.
Our expertise extends to representing clients in a wide variety of civil and commercial litigation such as:
- General civil law which includes contractual disputes, suits for recovery, suits pertaining to declarations and injunctions vis-à-vis property, eviction, mesne profits, etc.
- Constitutional law i.e. challenging statutes and acts of the government in violation of the constitution
- Company law, banking finance and insolvency laws, which also includes oppression and mismanagement, winding up of companies
- Family law, i.e. divorce, maintenance and alimony, child custody and appointment of guardians, wills, probate, partition and inheritance
- Intellectual Property laws
- Maritime law i.e. admiralty jurisdiction disputes, arrest and detention of ships
- Service and labour law matters such as denial of appointment and promotions, disciplinary hearings, wrongful termination etc.
- Environmental law
We represent clients in wide ranging areas of criminal litigation such as:
- Trials in all kinds of criminal matters
- Bail matters
- Appeals and revisions
- Quashing of FIR and criminal proceedings
- Filing of criminal complaints
- Dishonour of Cheques
- Proceedings under the Narcotics and Psychotropic Substances Act
Public Interest Litigation
We at Sahai & Co. believe that it is essential that we give back to society and our firm ethic strongly advocates this. We support several organizations across the city and often work with and represent clients at substantially reduced rates, if not pro bono, to enable them to raise awareness about their causes and prevent injustice. We also represent clients in court, most notably, in relation to safeguarding the forests and green cover in and around New Delhi as well as protecting the environment from toxic and polluting industries.